An accounting of Face of Justice

God does not ask us to do great things.
He simply asks us to obey so He can do
great things through us.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Rains of Change

by Elizabeth Gilroy

Dear friends,

This blog post is going to be written as a letter as I want to let you know of some changes in my life and ministry.

You have been following this blog because it was once the blog for Freedom Street Ministry. On it, I have attempted to share stories and insights from my time working on the streets of San Jose and the broken hurting people we meet there every week.

I need to share a story of heartbreak. But this time it is not from one of our friends. It is my own.

I have stepped down from Freedom Street Ministries. This has been one of the toughest things I have ever had to do in my life. For three years, FSM was my life and I carried the vision of this beautiful ministry in my heart and soul. It was so powerful to see God change lives and impact destinies as we attempted to live out the vision we felt God had poured into FSM.

But things are changing. Here is why.

As most of you know, FSM is a ministry under YWAM San Jose. Over these past three years we had chosen as a leadership team to stay under that legal and spiritual covering. We believed that is where God wanted us to stay.

In recent weeks, however, it has come to light that much of FSM's vision will not be realized under the legal and spiritual structure of YWAM San Jose. This coupled with some differences in leadership style, I felt God ask me to walk away from Freedom Street.

So, this blog is no longer the blog for Freedom Street. It is now the blog for a new ministry called Face of Justice Ministries.

After weeks of seeking God's heart for the vision He has place in my heart over the past 3 years, we believe He has asked us to start a new ministry where this vision can be realized.

Much of the same vision. Different name.

If you want to continue following FSM, they have a new blog: www.freedomstreetministries.wordpress.com

The team is now being led by Sidney and Carlos Herrara. Please join me in praying for this new leadership.  Pray blessing over this team and that God would continue to use FSM in changing the lives and hearts of the broken in the streets. Even though FSM may look very different than before, I know God will use it to accomplish His purposes on earth.

If you want to contact Sidney or Carlos directly, you can email them.
For Carlos, herraramissions@gmail.com.
For Sidney, sidney.eure@gmail.com.
I know they would love to hear from you.

If you want to hear more about Face of Justice Ministries or have questions regarding this post, please contact me at elizabeth@11daysjourney.org.

We will use this blog to update you on Face of Justice and its vision.  God is already at work, orchestrating things beyond our wildest imaginations. Beautiful things are on the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment